Most first-person shooters, includingrainbow six siege, adjust your settings automatically when starting the game for the first time. While the algorithms behind this process do their best to provide good results, the default settings are unlikely to provide optimal performance.
based on yourgame equipmentperformance and yourmonitorsRefresh rate, you need to make some adjustments aboutganagame settings. Some changes will help you achieve higher framerates, and others will optimize the way you play. However, due to the large number of customization options, it can get confusing in the menus.
The following settings are optimized for the smoothest gaming experience without sacrificing graphics. They let you get the most out of your gaming peripherals, as long as you have powerful enough hardware.
Please feel free to make any changes you see fit, as some of the settings may also reflect your personal preferences. If a setting is not mentioned in this article, it's best not to mess with it, otherwise it might not affect game performance.
These are the best settings forrainbow six siegeno PC
- While pinging your teammates can be annoying at times, it's the best way to communicate with your teammates who don't have a microphone. Leaving this enabled should keep you up to date with the latest card information, and you can always disable it if someone starts abusing the feature.
- Show game info:E
- If you don't care about the info panel, leaving this setting on will allow you to track network ping and frame rates while playing a game. That way, you can identify any issues that are affecting game performance.
- Voice chat recording mode:press to talk
- I wonit's an information game. Having mechanical talent is not enough to reach the highest ranks, as there is no way to know everything that happens in the game's gigantic maps. Voice chat is the best way to make calls while playing a game.I look for, and a team that communicates is always one step ahead of the other. By using push to talk you save your teammates audiotop of the line mechanical keyboard, which can distract others.
- Voice chat level:sem zero
- If you want a moment before starting a sentence, you can keep the voice chat level above zero to get the time it takes after you press the push-to-talk button. This configuration allowsI look forOnly raise your voice when it exceeds a certain level.
- Monitor:Choose your main courseMonitor
- If you are running a multi-monitor setup, be sure to select your dedicated gaming monitor.
- Resolution:place or 1920x1080
- display mode:full screen
- even if it worksI look forin "Windowed" or "Borderless Windowed" modes, it allows you to switch tabs faster; when playing in display modes there is input lag. If you play in full screen mode, your system can only renderI look for, which improves the overall performance of your game.
- Update frequency:Adjust your monitor's refresh rate
- Screen ratio:16:9
- VSync:Outside of
- VSync can come in handy if you have trouble keeping frame rates steady, but the feature also comes with some input lag. in games likeI look for, where milliseconds might matter, you get the best benefit of disabling any options that have such drawbacks.
- Widescreen Mailbox:Outside of
- This is a purely cosmetic setup that adds black bars at the top and bottom of the screen to provide a more cinematic experience while playing.I look for. While a good idea, it does reduce your field of view, so it's not an option for competitive players.
- field of vision:90
- The default Field of View (FoV) setting forI look foris 60, but Ubisoft allows players to increase the setting to 90. This will increase your vertical field of view, and most pro gamers prefer to keep this setting above 80 at a minimum. Remember that you will also render more frames as your field of view increases; so you'll need to find your sweet spot if you're having performance issues.
- Texture quality:Half
- Setting texture quality to low will give you the highest frames per second (FPS), but the difference between low and medium texture quality is very noticeable onI look for. Choose Medium if your PC can still run the game at smooth framerates, as this also makes it easier to spot enemies.
- Texture filtering:Anisotropy 4x
- This setting has the least impact on overall game performance. Texture filtering fixes the blur that can appear when looking at certain objectsI look forfrom different angles. You can also experiment with higher volumes to find the best setting for your setup, but 4x gives you the best of both worlds.
- LOD quality:high or very high
- LOD quality adjusts the distance at which a lower level of detail begins to render. Operator heads are one such detail, and keeping this setting low can cause them to have a triangular shape, which can make aiming even more difficult. Choose one of the highest settings for the best competitive advantage.
- Shadow quality:Half
- I look forRounds are slow and you need all the information you can get. Enemy shadows are essential for spotting enemies before they start looking at you, and setting the shadow quality to low will disable operator shadows. Set this setting to at least medium to take advantage of dynamic shadows.
- Shading quality:Low
- Shader Quality adjusts the visual fidelity of the render by adjusting settings such as subsurface skin scatter and flash quality. Neither offers a competitive advantage.I look forand can be considered a feast for the eyes. Set it to Low for taller framers.
- Reflection quality:Low
- Reflection quality is another visual treat that doesn't give you a competitive edge. Set it to Low to increase FPS.
- Ambient occlusion:Outside of
- Ambient occlusion is one of the graphics settings that has the biggest impact on howI look foraspect. Although it makes the game look good in terms of colors and lighting, it significantly decreases its performance. If you are having trouble placing your frames, this should be the first setting to turn off.
- Lens Effects:Outside of
- Lens flare helpI look forSimulate real-world optical lenses by adding effects like flourishes to the game. However, it consumes a lot of resources, so we recommend keeping it away.
- Zoom Depth of Field:Outside of
- This setting will blur the edges of your scope when aiming straight down. It's a visual trickI look formore realistic, but you should disable it for performance reasons.
- Anti-aliasing:Outside of
- Anti-aliasing makes games look sharper, but it also eats up a lot of performance. Turning it off offers a nice frame boost.
Honorable Mention: Tweak Your Sensitivity Settings
Changing mouse DPI or game sensitivity settings will not increase framesI look for, but you should review them after making the above changes to your video settings.
Sensitivity settings and keybindings often come down to personal preference, which means there's no one best layout that works for all players. Check out the settings of your favorite pro players and see if their designs work for you. You can also tweak them to your liking with more customization.
Keep in mind that tweaking your game settings by applying the above settings can drastically help your sensitivity settings when it comes to improving your game performance as a player.
Other methods to increase game performance inrainbow six siege
Optimizing the settings doesn't always produce the best possible results in terms of FPS. While every graphics setup is demanding in some way, it's possible that you'll experience poor performance due to a problem with your PC.
Hardware overheating is usually the first culprit and you should work with a professional to investigate what's wrong if you've never done anything similar.
However, you can do the following yourself.
Keep graphics card drivers up to date
Ubisoft and other game developers are hard at work developing new content and driving new changes. These additions can sometimes take advantage of a new technology or feature introduced in a new graphics card driver update.
In scenarios like this, updating the GPU driver becomes mandatory so that the GPU can keep up with the performance. Both AMD and NVIDIA walk their users through the setup process, making updating their drivers a seamless process.
Operate your digital distribution service andI look forin management mode
I look foris available on Steam, Epic Games, and UPlay for PC. It doesn't matter which platform you play on.I look forPlease give admin rights to the game and its launcher.
This eliminates the possibility that you have limited user rights, which can bottleneck your games and cause them to drop frames.
Clean the inside of your PC
Even if you clean your room once a week, your PC will still get dusty over time. If you don't clean the inside of your PC regularly, it can cause it to overheat due to limited airflow.
Grab a can of compressed air or an air blower and take your PC outside to dust it off. Be sure to use protection if you are allergic to dust.
Hold your fans tightly while blowing air through them, as letting them spin freely can cause unwanted damage.
You should notice lower temperatures when gaming after cleaning your PC, which should reduce your FPS issues.