- What are the spells in Elden Ring?
- What types of spells are there in Elden Ring?
- How to use memory spells
- Where to collect memorial stones
- How to Cast Charms and Sorcery
- What you should know when casting spells
- Why don't the spells work?
- Where to find spells in Elden Ring?
- The best recommended spells
- Most Recommended Enchantments
- final thoughts
This post was last updated on December 1, 2022
It's a lot of fun using spells in Elden Ring. If you want to focus on your wits and use wizardry or increase your belief in charms, there are many spells to choose from. In fact, it's possible to easily defeat almost every boss in the game with them, includingShort.
The two main things you need to cast spells are a staff or holy sigil as your equipped weapon, and the spell you want to use equipped in your save slot. The number of spells you equip is determined by the number of save slots you have and is done for free at one location.
With so many different ways to play Elden Ring, and the lack of an easy-to-follow tutorial, knowing how to cast the various spells can be difficult. In this article, we'll take a look at how you can use spells in the Elden Ring, along with some of the places to find the best ones.
What are the spells in Elden Ring?
As you play, it will not be uncommon to find spells. Really,When you start the game as one of the magic user classes (Astrologer, Prophet, Prisoner, or Confessor), you start to cast some spells.
Compared with traditional weapons, the beauty of magic spellsthat there are offensive and defensive options🇧🇷 It's entirely possible to cast fire magic one moment and use a defensive barrier the next.
If you want to know if you have any spells in your inventory, just look in the Spells/Enchantments tab on your inventory screen.
What types of spells are there in Elden Ring?
There are different categories of spells. for spells,Most commonly, you will find rhinestone charms.🇧🇷 These include Glintstone Pebble, Terra Magica, and Comet.
The other types of spells you can find are:
- evil spells
- charged magic
- clay spells
- cold magic
- death spell
- full moon spell
- gravity spell
- the magic of loreta
- magma spell
- night magic
- Magia original
DuringTwo-fingered charms are the most common charms.These are all spells that heal or empower your character, including Great Heal, Lord's Heal, and Cure Poison.
The other types of enchantments you can find are:
- animal charms
- Dragon Communion Charms
- Dragon Cult Charms
- Earthtree Charms
- Fire Giant Charms
- Fire Monk Charms
- Raging Flame Charms
- Invocation of Apostle Godskin
- Charms of the Golden Order
- Rotten Spell Servant
How to use memory spells
If you have some spells you want to try, you should equip them.Unlike weapons, items, or armor, you can only do this while resting in an empty spot.🇧🇷 You must select "Memorize Spells" to open the menu where you can equip spells.
This screen shows what spells you have available, how many save slots you have, and how much FP your character has in total.To equip the spell, you must select the slot you wish to fill followed by the spell you wish to equip.
If the spell has a red X in the upper right corner, it means you don't have the right stats to cast the spell.🇧🇷 For example, the triple rings of light require 23 levels of intelligence and 23 levels of faith.
This is also worth mentioningSome spells take up more than one space🇧🇷 Powerful spells like Azure Comet take up 3 slots. So if you want to have some spells equipped, look for ways to level up your memory stones.
Where to collect memorial stones
Unlike previous Souls games, the way you level up your spells is a bit different.In Elden Ring, all classes in the game start with two memory slots (spell slots).🇧🇷 If you want to create a strong magic user, you need more spell slots and you need to get Nokstella's moon talisman, which increases slots by two.
Or you need to collect Memory Stones which increase your memory slots by one.There are a total of eight Memory Stones in the game.:
- You can buy a Twin Sisters Pod Memorial Stone from the Roundtable Hold.
- One can be found in a chest at the top of Oridys' Rise on the Weeping Peninsula.
- One can be found in a chest on the top floor of the reconstructed tower in western Liurnia de los Lagos.
- One is a reward for defeating Red Wolf of Radagon at Raya Lucaria Academy.
- One can be found in a chest on the top floor of Testu's Rise in northern Liurnia of the Lakes.
- One is in a chest on the top floor of Seluvis Rise in the Three Sisters subregion.
- A memorial stone is a reward for defeating the demi-human Queen Maggie in Hermit Mountain Village. gelmir
- One is in a chest on the top floor of Lenne's Rise in eastern Caelid.
How to Cast Charms and Sorcery
Once you've equipped the spells you want to cast, the next thing you'll need is a spell tool to use them.All magic needs a staff.These included the Royal Carian Scepter, Glintstone Staff, and Meteor Staff, but there are 16 in total that can be used in the game.
To cast enchantments, you must equip a Holy Seal🇧🇷 There are far fewer stealths in the game, but these include the finger stealth, claw mark stealth, and dragon communion stealth. There are nine Holy Seals in total in the game.
surveillance: Check the description of each spell tool, as some give bonuses depending on the type of spell used. The Staff of the Prince of Death grants a bonus to kill spells like Wrath of the Ancients or Exploding Ghostflame.
The basic Finger Sigil can be purchased from the Gemini Maiden Husks in the Roundtable, while the basic Astrologer Staff can be purchased from the Nomad Trader in Liurnia of the Lakes.
When you find the perfect staff or holy seal,Equip it to the left or right slot and use the usual attack button to cast spells.Some spells can be charged or the attack button can be pressed to make the spell last longer.
What you should know when casting spells
When you cast your first spell in Elden Ring there are a few things to keep in mind as it is a bit different than normal weapons. The first thingWhat you have to take into account is the casting speed of many very powerful spells.You can seem like a long time in a fight. The full moon is a great spell, but it makes you an easy target.
in second placeSome enemies are very resistant to magic damage., so when you memorize spells, try to have some variety in the type of damage dealt. Equipping only Magma spells can be fun until you find enemies that are resistant to fire.
Finally,Keep in mind that some of your spells in Elden Ring will damage you🇧🇷 The cold mist from Night Maiden's Mist will slowly drain your health when you are in its area of effect.
Why don't the spells work?
If you've successfully equipped a spell and hit an attack in battle only to find out nothing happened, there may be a few reasons why you can't cast spells.
- You have staves equipped when you need Holy Seals and vice versa.Casting spells is fun and you can equip a combination of enchantments and sorceries, but you need to make sure you select the right tool for the spell. On the plus side, they're usually pretty lightweight, so you can keep one in each hand if you need to.
- You do not meet the stat requirement for the spell.🇧🇷 Each spell has requirements that you must meet in order to cast it. For basic sorceries and enchantments, you generally need an Intelligence or Faith between 10 and 15. Some of the stronger spells require 60+ to cast (you can always do that).respect your stats).
- You don't have enough FP.If you've put all your points into Intelligence or Faith and you still can't cast your spell, it probably means you don't have any FP available. If that's the case, you'll need to expand your mind by using a vial of FP-boosting Wondrous Physick or an FP-boosting talisman. (It's worth being aware of the various softcaps that have stats instead ofdump points).
Where to find spells in Elden Ring?
There are so many spells to find throughout the game. It's worth going through every dungeon you come across and killing every boss you come across to get them.But if you don't feel like going out looking for spells, there are several places where you can buy them.
- The first store you can find isSorceress Sellen in the waypoint ruinsin limgrave. Sell various Glintstone Sorceries, including Glintstone Pebble.
- Miriel in the church of vowssells spells and enchantments. You can give him spell books, which you find to unlock the ability to buy other spells, including the powerful Great Glintstone Shard.
- Master Seluvis in Ascension of Seluvissells spells.
- Gowrys Cottagesells magic in Caelid.
- Thops at the Church of Irith in Liurnia sell sorcery
- Dragon enchantments can be purchased at theChurch of the Brotherhood of the Dragonwith dragon hearts
- Corhyn no roundtable waiting🇧🇷 Then he will move, so be careful with him.
- Cleric of Besta Gurranqit will give enchantments to the beasts when given the deadly root.
- D, hunter of the deadSell Golden Order enchantments in Fort Redonda
The best recommended spells
There are many different sorceries to be found in Elden Ring, but unfortunately not all of them are worth taking up your memory slots. In no particular order, here are the top 10 in the game:
- Founder Rain of Stars- Found in a chest in Heretical Rise, in the Mountaintops of the Giants. There is an invisible bridge to get there, so bring Rainbow Stones.
- Ranni's black moon- Found in a chest at the top of Chelona's Rise. You unlock the seal by doing the Ranni quest.
- blue kite- Found on Azure's corpse in Hermit Village on the mountain. gelmir It is near the cliffs to the northeast, next to a place of mercy.
- stars of doom- Found on Master Lusat's corpse in Sellia Hideaway, Caelid. You can only gain access by completing the Sorceress Sellen quest line.
- Adula's Moonblade– Dropped by the Glintstone Dragon Adula in the Cathedral of Manus Celes. You need to do the Ranni quest to reach the area.
- Loretta's Big Bow– Dropped by Royal Knight Loretta after defeating Caria Manor.
- astel meteorite– Gedroppt von Astel, Stars of Darkness, im Yelough Anix Tunnel im Hallowed Snow Field.
- The Maiden of the Night Mist- Gowry can be purchased for 5000 Runes after completing his questline in Caelid.
- Steinschleuder- Found in a chest in an underground cellar north of the Path of the Sages Ruins.
- Rancor de Rykard- Obtained from Rykard's Memory by giving it to Enia in the Round Table Basement.
Most Recommended Enchantments
Just like with Sorcery, there are tons of enchantments to choose from. In no particular order, here are the top 10:
- Frozen Lightning Spear– Dropped by Dragonkin Soldier from Nokstella.
- bad breath- Bought for 1 Dragon Heart from the Communion of Dragons Altar in the Communion of Dragons Cathedral in Caelid
- swarm of flies- Found on a corpse along the east wall, just north of the mercy point of the palace access road, Mohgwyn Palace.
- Forissax's Lightning Lance- Obtained from Litch Dragon Forissax's Remembrance by giving it to Enia in Roundtable Hold. You have to do Fia's Quest to get it.
- black flame※ This enchantment is unlocked for purchase after delivering a Godskin Prayer Book to Brother Corhyn or Miriel, Pastor of Vows. The Godskin Prayer Book is in Castle Stormveil, near the Elevating Chamber Grace location, behind a room of the Imps statue.
- Crucible Skins: Tail– Dropped by the Crucible Knight Boss in Stormhill Evergaol.
- golden voice- Found in the Corpse Stink Shack on Mt. Gelmir.
- call me clean me※ Found on a corpse in the Fire Monk Camp, southeast of the Church of Vows in Liurnia of the Lakes.
- poison mist– Dropped by a teardrop beetle in a wooded area southeast of Castle Morne Rampart Grace Spot on the Weeping Peninsula. North of Poison Lake.
- beast claw- Reward from Beast Clergyman Gurranq in the Bestial Sanctum after giving him the fifth Deathroot.
Spells are a lot of fun in Elden Ring and can open up a lot of gameplay opportunities whether you're using enchanting or wizardry. Just make sure you have the right stats and make sure you have a proper spell tool equipped so you can cast spells quickly.
- Everything you need to know about the respawn in Elden Ring
- How to walk in Elden Ring
- How to get to Radahn on the Elden Ring
- What is Focus doing in Elden Ring?
- How do I get to Malenia from the Elden Ring?
- Who or what is the toughest boss in the Elden Ring?
- Elden Ring Respect Guide: What You Need To Know
- Why can't I summon ghosts from the Elden Ring?
- How to Dual Wield in Elden Ring
- How to upgrade the ashes in Elden Ring
- What you need to know about storing the Bolus Elden Ring
- All dragon locations in Elden Ring
- Elden Ring Point of No Return: A Quick Guide
- All Elden Ring Larvenris sets
- Press the Options-Button to access your inventory.
- Equip a Seal in your main hand.
- Use the left and right D-pad buttons to cycle through your equipment and select the spell you'd like to cast.
- Press the RB button to cast your spell.
Equip a Sacred Seal. This is the main thing stopping players from casting. A Sacred Seal needs to be held in the right or left hand to cast spells.Why can't i use my incantation? ›
The most common reason for a failed incantation cast is a failure to equip a Sacred Seal or a lack of Faith attribute levels. Note that you can still buy incantations even if you don't have the required Faith levels to use it.What is the most efficient spell in Elden Ring? ›
The best overall healing incantation in Elden Ring is Erdtree Heal, which is a massive area-of-effect heal that restores a huge amount of HP for both you and your allies for a sizable chunk of your FP.What is the most efficient sorcery in Elden Ring? ›
If you're looking for the best long-range sorcery in Elden Ring, look no further than Loretta's Greatbow. Charge up the spell and release a magic Great Arrow capable of connecting with targets huge distances away. You can also rapid-fire without charging up to keep an enemy off balance as they try to close the gap.